5/18/09

Daybook


For today, Monday, May 18, 2009.



Outside my window.....The sun is shining warm and bright. Too warm for me, but I am always hot when pregnant. The ducks are floating in their pond outside the window, down the hill. The sky is very blue.



I am thankful for......good health, plenty to eat and the ability to stay home and nurture my children. And for a husband who is the most awesome man on the planet.



From the kitchen.......smells of butter chickpea curry in the crockpot. It is like a stew made with garbanzo beans, potatoes, milk, tomatoes and spices. After tossing it all in the crockpot yesterday afternoon, with plans for supper, the electricity shut off for many hours. It sat covered at room temperature for a few hours, and then cooked on low all night. I hope it is ok to eat. Sure smells good!



I am wearing.......the most comfortable things in my closet - a stretchy black skirt and a super soft blue cotton maternity t-shirt.



I am reading.......a pile of back issues of various homeschool magazines I stumbled across at our favorite library.



I am hearing......the sounds of math frustrations coming from Alexandra, and the sounds of following Dora's instructions from a DVD the little ones are watching.



Looking forward to.......meeting my new baby. Finding out if we have an "Olivia Rose" or a "Tiberius Rex". Thirty-seven days till the "due" date. One of mine was two weeks early, one was on time, and two were two weeks late. Wonder what will happen with this one?


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am really hoping for an Olivia Rose, tell Paul sorry, but Tiberius Rex just screams "tease me", lol.

Charisse said...

Wow, so close til baby comes. I enjoyed reading your entry!
Love Charisse