This is our building. We are on the ground level, facing the pink trees. We use our back door and porch as our private entrance. I love it!

This is a view from our private entrance and porch. The pics just don't do the trees justice. They are so beautiful!
This is a view from our private entrance, and the from the window over my desk. I can sit here and watch ducks float in the pond in the wetlands here, and we see lots of birds. We have thrown birdseed out onto the grass and hill, but with all the noise around here, I'm not sure we'll ever see them get too close. :)

My kitchen. I am so happy because it is pretty much 10 times bigger than my Vegas kitchen was. Seriously! There I had about two feet of counter space, no dishwasher or garbage disposal, and here I have those things as well as more counter space and storage than I'm not able to fill up. Yet. And mom, that's not a bottle of wine by the stove, but a bottle of colloidal silver. :)

The kitchen and living area is all open, and this is the space behind the couch where we will set up the crib in a few weeks.

My kitchen. I am so happy because it is pretty much 10 times bigger than my Vegas kitchen was. Seriously! There I had about two feet of counter space, no dishwasher or garbage disposal, and here I have those things as well as more counter space and storage than I'm not able to fill up. Yet. And mom, that's not a bottle of wine by the stove, but a bottle of colloidal silver. :)

The kitchen and living area is all open, and this is the space behind the couch where we will set up the crib in a few weeks.
This is my Craigslist dining table and chairs. I am keeping my eyes open for a few more chairs.

This is my FREE Craigslist desk!

This little corner of the living area is probably supposed to be for a dining table, but we have turned it into a cozy TV corner, so the main focus of the room is not a TV. Paul built a corner wall thingy to hang the TV at an angle, and painted it to match the walls. And, this is our $50 Craigslist micro-suede sectional! I LOVE Craigslist! It's not perfect, but it's clean, and just right when you have four, soon to be five, little ones running around.

Paul's office.

The triple bunk bed Paul built for the kids. We still have to get a mattress for Anastasia and Natalie, who will share the bottom bunk. For now, Anastasia and Max sleep together in the middle (which I think is adorable that they get along so well) and Natalie sleeps half the night on a pallet on the bottom before crawling into bed with me.

This is my FREE Craigslist desk!

This little corner of the living area is probably supposed to be for a dining table, but we have turned it into a cozy TV corner, so the main focus of the room is not a TV. Paul built a corner wall thingy to hang the TV at an angle, and painted it to match the walls. And, this is our $50 Craigslist micro-suede sectional! I LOVE Craigslist! It's not perfect, but it's clean, and just right when you have four, soon to be five, little ones running around.

Paul's office.

The triple bunk bed Paul built for the kids. We still have to get a mattress for Anastasia and Natalie, who will share the bottom bunk. For now, Anastasia and Max sleep together in the middle (which I think is adorable that they get along so well) and Natalie sleeps half the night on a pallet on the bottom before crawling into bed with me.
My favorite Craigslist find so far - this $10 dresser/hutch thingy. It's in perfect condition (after I touched up a few scratches with matching paint), and a higher end item than I expected for $10! It's so pretty. It was used in some sort of girly shop at some point, to display nic nacs, and the drawers still smell of potpourri. I love it. It is so pretty, I'm keeping it in the main living area between my desk and the dining table, and we use it to hold our homeschooling books and supplies.





2 comments:
So nice! Love it!
They are beautiful pictures!
Love Charisse
Post a Comment