3/14/09

Got chicken soup?

At a park, the four kids tried for a long time to all squeeze into this car that danced on springs. They tried multiple positions, and had a blast all trying to not fall off.

We had an awesome visit with my Mom. Here's her and the kids posing on a red bridge where we like to play trolls and search for four leaf clovers.
Mom was supposed to be on vacation, enjoying her time away. But she worked very hard around here. She washed dishes, did laundry, cooked, cleaned.....I really miss her!!!
Unfortunately, the last two days she was here, I caught a flu bug that each of the kids had been battling all week. They had fever and felt unwell for a couple of days. Perhaps I'm getting old, but I was very sick a full week, and am still having cold symptoms, coughing, and don't have my voice back yet. Sometime in the last 11 days, I've had every yucky symptom I can think of. The cold symptoms with coughing makes me SO nauseous in the mornings, that I often lose breakfast, which could be why my voice and throat are still strained. I don't know. But it was the worst sore throat I have ever had. I'm so thankful none of the kids or Paul got that particular symptom.
A few weeks ago, I was thinking about how to get the kids to appreciate how good their life is. I was wondering what could be done so that they understand what the good times are, and appreciate those times when they are here. Well being sick was the answer! We all miss the good times, and look forward to getting totally well so we can enjoy life again.
We were approved for a nice big apartment in Beaverton, Oregon, and can't wait to get back there. We plan to head out on April 8, Lord willing. So we have around three weeks left in Vegas. I hope my energy returns soon, because there's lots of packing to be done.
Well I guess this concludes a very boring post. But the purpose of this blog is to keep a journal for me to look back upon, and for relatives and friends in far away places to see what is going on in our lives. And life has been quite boring and sickly the last few weeks!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know Vegas isn't the best place to live, but man seeing bare legs and flip flops in those pics makes me extremely jealous! I am so a summer girl, I want my flip flops!

Charisse said...

I am so sorry you have been unwell! I pray that you feel better soon. Being pregnant and unwell is not a nice combination.
The pictures are lovely. It looks like the kids are really enjoying themselves :-)
Love Charisse