12/30/08

Natalie's 2nd Birthday

Today was our sweet Natalie's second birthday. I just can't believe my baby is two! She is very sweet. She goes out of her way to be helpful to everyone. She likes Elmo, and LOVES Curious Buddies. She is very much like her brother. They have the same build, and many of the same expressions and smiles. He was a late talker, and she is too. She doesn't say much yet, but lately she seems to come out with a new word every day.

She has never really thrown a tantrum. When she gets upset or doesn't get her way, she does this little foot stomping dance, with her head thrown way back. We call it the "naughty dance". It is hilarious to watch. My Alexandra was the queen of tantrums, and all the other children's tantrums are laughable compared to hers.

She will eat anything except peanut butter. She loves salads and little oranges. And ice cream, of course.

She is totally a daddy's girl. She prefers daddy to mommy at all times except when she's REALLY tired and wants to nurse and sleep. She still nurses, but lately has taken on a 'take it or leave it' attitude, and I believe self weaning is just around the corner. Which is fine by me. I admire tandem nursers, but I'm fine missing out on that experience.

Natalie and Mommy

Anastasia wore this dress last winter.
She picked this cake out of the bakery cake book, and we picked it up today.


She loves to draw, and I think this was her favorite present.



Natalie Rose French

3 comments:

Charisse said...

Awww..Happy 2nd Birthday, Natalie! How sweet! She is so cute. They sure grow up quickly! Hannah, it is lovely to see a photo of you. You are a very pretty lady :-) I hope you are felling well.
Bless ya heaps,
Love Charisse

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! She is so cute!

Food as Medicine said...

Happy Birthday Nataie! I can't believe she is two already. You have such a beautiful family!