9/5/08

Friday, September 5

It's just downright weird that it's already into September. Seems like it should be about mid-June to me. Another week is closing, and it was a nice one.

Yesterday I took Anastasia with me to Food4Less really early, because I figured out they mark down a lot of stuff half price on Thursday mornings, like produce and meat near their exporation date, dent cans, etc.. But it was disappointing, and a waste of a couple of sleep hours because there was slim pickin's. Bummer. Anastasia is totally cute, chattering non-stop the entire time. If I heard once, I heard a thousand times, "Mom, can we get this today? Pulleeeezzzeee!!!!!! Please can we get this today????" It is hard to say no to such a cutey pie.

Then later, I took just Natalie with me to catch the 8 hour sale at Albertson's. Natty rode in the "car cart", and I buckled her in nice and tight behind the little wheel, and she was very happy to ride around and pretend to drive. I'm not familiar with that store's layout, so I was busy concentrating on finding all the bargains on my list. When I got to the front check-outs, I started unloading my basket and looked into the cab of the little car part where Natalie was. She had been shopping herself. The cab was loaded with a box of cereal, a huge bag of Cracker Jacks, chips, and half a dozen bags of M&Ms, just to name a few things. It was embarrassing! I must keep a better eye on her. I had no idea she was pulling stuff off every shelf she came close to.

I found a computer game at the library, "Cluefinders: Third Grade Adventure, Mystery of Mathra". Alexandra snarled her turned up little nose at it, but I made her play 30 minutes anyway. The timer went off and she kept playing, and spent many hours on it this week. Which thrills me because I could really see her using a lot of math and other skills on it. Some of my library software finds have been duds, but a couple have been awesome, and that is one. Roller Typing is another. I'm still amazed that she has taught herself to type perfectly at 8 years. I didn't learn finger positioning until ninth grade. But computers were not a part of our lives then either.

We have also listened to some Bible stories on CD with a book and songs, did some work pages, played some games, and even did some P.E. stuff. And art always finds its way into a day. Max has completed a gazillion more Ironman and Batman artworks. Even Natalie's coloring has improved. She now colors very small, very intricate little circles and marks, with as many colors as she can find. Anastasia can now spell her name.

Paul is better, as evidenced by his talking the entire day away yesterday. For over a week now, he has said very little, but my garlic/echinacea assault since Tuesday has really made a difference. I'm very glad he's feeling better. I am better too....still a little draggy from my cold, but much better.

Life is good, and full of blessings.

No comments: