Did you see pigs flying? Me neither, but they must be flying somewhere, because I, Hannah French, who has been wanting to scream with extreme boredom at every mention of politics for months, is actually excited about this election! Yes, me! We even watched the Republican convention the last two nights, and many of the speeches blew me away....Fred Thompson, Guilliani, even Huckabee's speech was great. And Sarah Palin! What a refreshing breath of static-charged electrical air she is!
As a mother, I'm excited instead of worried about the future for my children, for the first time possibly ever. The thought of her working in the White House for the next possibly eight years, and then perhaps her own shot at the big seat in 2016. Wow. I think it's awesome. So maybe I wouldn't exactly give her the mother of the year award. She seems to be the perfect person for VP now, and I believe she can do an excellent job....right on up there with the likes of Deborah or Esther herself. She is beautiful, distinguished, classy, confident, grounded, and experienced. WAY more so than the great 'Obamagod himself. And the sheer genious of the McCain campaign to pick her at such a time, and the 'O all over the news comparing his accomplishments (ha!) to hers. I thought he was running against McCain, not his VP? That automatically puts McCain up on a pedestal somewhere way above the great Obama's paygrade. It's beautiful. I'm very excited.
Paul emailed me a Youtube clip (one of a gazillion he's emailed me) of Palin shooting an M16 assault rifle in Kuwait a couple of years ago. I was in absolute awe of her. A few years ago, Paul drug me along to a shooting range to shoot with him. My nerves were in shreds enough after shooting his glock, I couldn't even make myself pull the M16's trigger. It is LOUD and jolts you big time. I could not do it. And she shot it, standing up, without flinching, and was hitting the target dead-on. She just amazes me. To be that accomplished, experienced, knowledgeable, and just so darned gutsy, and beautiful too! It's exciting times. Thank God for her.
1 comment:
I love her too! I think it was a genius idea to pick her, could you imagine her and Hillary running against each other for pres? It would be great!
Post a Comment