8/23/08

The Luxor Buffet


In this picture, I couldn't get Natty to turn around. I finally gave up.
My greatest blessings. :)


Eric and his family are staying at the Luxor, and invited us to dinner tonight at the Luxor buffet. And he paid for it! So nice! I kept thinking on the way over about how many days I could feed us all with the money it was going to cost for one dinner, but Paul told me to stop thinking about it. So I did. And we all had a wonderful time. I love the Egyptian theme of the Luxor.


The kids ate a little, then dessert, then whined about being too full. They squiggled, squirmed, and then happily drew pictures when I broke out the pens and paper. Then after about an hour of sitting and visiting, they decided they were hungry again, and ate another good plate and more dessert. So even they got their money's worth! I had salmon, tuna steak, enchiladas, lasagna, teriaki beef, champagne pasta, and sampled a ridiculous array of desserts. It was a rare and wonderful treat. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I made about a gazillion trips between our table, the buffet, and the bathrooms. Anastasia has to go every little bit, and it was embarrassing to be up and about so much. But I still enjoyed it!


Tonight I braided Alexandra's hair in a double french braid, one on each side that joined together at the base of her neck and continued down in one single braid. I wished it had been tighter, but overall I was very pleased with my first attempt. I was going to take a pic, but she took it apart before I remembered to. But I will be practicing again. There is also an 'inside out' braid, a 'fishtail' braid and a 'rope' braid that I'm itchin' to try. We have a great book with instructions. I will post pics of future attempts.


The weather tried to be a bit cooler earlier in the week, but was pretty hot the last couple of days. I'm REALLY looking forward to decent weather. I have a hankering to be outdoors. Yes me! Outdoors! What are the odds?

No comments: