Tonight we went to a homeschool group's summer birthday party at the park. It was a party for all children with summer birthdays. The theme was hawaian luau. Instead of just picking a potluck item, I asked those in charge what I should bring, and was given my assignment of 50 hotdogs and buns. So I bought 7 packages, which is 56 hotdogs. And they didn't grill any hotdogs at the picnic!!!! None! Nada! Zilch! So now there are 56 hotdogs in my refridgerator. That's a LOT of hotdogs. They are turkey and chicken dogs, but that's still a yucky food choice, health-wise. I just don't know why they didn't cook the dogs. Oh well.
The kids had a great time. They all came away with goody bags, and Max had quite a few little birthday gifts. It was nice.
There were several pregnant women there, and I found an opening in the conversation to mention waterbirth. I wanted to share my experience because waterbirth is so wonderful. It's like I've found an awesome and beautiful way to deal with the pains of labor, but nobody wants to hear about it. I just thought I'd share my experience and encourage anyone who might have thought about it to look into it some more. But I didn't get very far. It was rather shocking to me the expressions of disbelief and doubt that washed over every face at the table. "I'm just not that natural" and "I've already scheduled my epidural" and "they don't do that here" were the norm. ****sigh**** It makes me very sad for them. They have no idea how much better birth can be.
Paul is getting sick with a bad cold. So what did he do today? He decided to take apart the triple bunk bed and rebuild it. He feels terrible, but rebuilds a bed. Go figure. I don't understand him. So now Alexandra's bed is not nearly so high, and Max's bed is at ground level. They were not too thrilled at first, but it makes it much safer for Natalie, who is a terror right now. She is a climber and a destroyer of anything that she can reach that shouldn't be destroyed. So it's a better solution.
After nearly 10 years of marriage, I still don't understand how things work. Like when Paul decides to build or rebuild something, it always ends up with more work for me. How does that happen? Like now there is a huge pile of 'stuff' in the bedroom corner that used to be stored under Max's bed, but now there is no place for it. Not to mention all the vacuuming, dusting and moving furniture back that I did or helped with. It's a strange thing.
Alexandra read a lot today, worked on writing her stories, and Max and Anastasia played some educational computer games. I really meant to do more education stuff with them today, but I just ran out of time.
But it was a good day. It was just warm, not too uncomfortable, at the park. I can just feel cooler weather thinking its way to the valley......
1 comment:
Wow, that is kind of weird that they didn't cook the dogs, bummer. If you ever figure men out, write a book, you'll make billions!
Post a Comment