
Apparently, I was not heard when I told them the hotdogs had arrived. They didn't even know the hotdogs were there. So I guess I'm totally at fault. Paul tells me I'm too quiet, and that often people don't hear or understand me. ***sigh***
Paul is sick. It makes me sad for him. It's like a bad cold, but these things always hit him hard. Everyone else is fine. Except for Natty's nasty boogery nose. But that could possibly be some candida issues we're still working on. At least she is happy and content.
Today Anastasia played a learning computer game, and watched a couple of videos. Alexandra played some computer (educational) games, and we worked on a lot of spelling. And her stories, which she is still really interested in writing. Max created all sorts birthday cards and posters, unknowingly practicing penmanship and letter writing. He knows more words than he realizes, and I'm impressed with the neatness of his handwriting (when he applies himself). He also did several crafty things from his birthday loot. And they all four decorated the backyard with chalk creations. Once again, not as much as I wanted to accomplish, but we are slowly falling into a rhythm, working out a little structure. Give me another month, and I just might be happy with our progress.
My wonderful sister Lydia has broken the Ashley tradition. She is going to have a girl! As long as anyone can remember, Ashley's have always had boys. I'm very happy for her. Her boys are adorable, but everyone should have at least one girl. They are so much fun to dress up! And the mother/daughter relationship will last throughout their lives.
Alexandra and I saw Danny Gans again at the Mirage. After seeing him so many times, I'm still in awe of his talent. In this show he did all the stuff I like the most, and my face hurts from laughing most of 90 minutes straight.
We picked up tickets early, and rode the tram over to Treasure Island to kill time. We actually rode it four times. There is really nothing interesting at Treasure Island. Unless you like lots of statutes with lots of naked boobs. Not our cup of tea. And the smoke is awful. The Mirage is definitely a step above TI on the classy scale.
Paul let Natty sleep way too long (she was asleep when we left for the show) and now, at midnight, she is still wide awake. Thank goodness for Baby Einstein! She is sitting on the futon, giggling at "My Favorite Places". She is so cute!
Whatever cooler weather I may have imagined is long gone. It is SO HOT!!!! I think it was really humid today. Alexandra and I were very uncomfortable, and drenched in sweat by the time we got to the Mirage. Desert Inn was a parking lot. We usually make it there in 15 minutes, but it took us almost an hour today. I hope we never have to go through another summer without A/C in the van!!!
Life is very, very, very good. I have a gazillion blessings, and appreciate each and everyone!
Paul is sick. It makes me sad for him. It's like a bad cold, but these things always hit him hard. Everyone else is fine. Except for Natty's nasty boogery nose. But that could possibly be some candida issues we're still working on. At least she is happy and content.
Today Anastasia played a learning computer game, and watched a couple of videos. Alexandra played some computer (educational) games, and we worked on a lot of spelling. And her stories, which she is still really interested in writing. Max created all sorts birthday cards and posters, unknowingly practicing penmanship and letter writing. He knows more words than he realizes, and I'm impressed with the neatness of his handwriting (when he applies himself). He also did several crafty things from his birthday loot. And they all four decorated the backyard with chalk creations. Once again, not as much as I wanted to accomplish, but we are slowly falling into a rhythm, working out a little structure. Give me another month, and I just might be happy with our progress.
My wonderful sister Lydia has broken the Ashley tradition. She is going to have a girl! As long as anyone can remember, Ashley's have always had boys. I'm very happy for her. Her boys are adorable, but everyone should have at least one girl. They are so much fun to dress up! And the mother/daughter relationship will last throughout their lives.
Alexandra and I saw Danny Gans again at the Mirage. After seeing him so many times, I'm still in awe of his talent. In this show he did all the stuff I like the most, and my face hurts from laughing most of 90 minutes straight.
We picked up tickets early, and rode the tram over to Treasure Island to kill time. We actually rode it four times. There is really nothing interesting at Treasure Island. Unless you like lots of statutes with lots of naked boobs. Not our cup of tea. And the smoke is awful. The Mirage is definitely a step above TI on the classy scale.
Paul let Natty sleep way too long (she was asleep when we left for the show) and now, at midnight, she is still wide awake. Thank goodness for Baby Einstein! She is sitting on the futon, giggling at "My Favorite Places". She is so cute!
Whatever cooler weather I may have imagined is long gone. It is SO HOT!!!! I think it was really humid today. Alexandra and I were very uncomfortable, and drenched in sweat by the time we got to the Mirage. Desert Inn was a parking lot. We usually make it there in 15 minutes, but it took us almost an hour today. I hope we never have to go through another summer without A/C in the van!!!
Life is very, very, very good. I have a gazillion blessings, and appreciate each and everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment