



Sunday we went to the Liberace Museum here in Vegas. On the second Sundays of the month, Nevada residents get in free. I really enjoyed it! I loved the pianos most of all, but everything was fun to see. He may have been a nut, but was a great showman. I would like to go again sometime. The pics are not that great because we were not allowed to use a flash.
It seems like we have been very busy for a solid week. Most of the summer has drifted by peacefully, but with babysitting and VBS, it's been a little too hectic for my tastes.
Friday night, Alexandra and I were sitting outside the Danny Gans theater, waiting for the show to start, when Nicky called. She asked if I were home. I said no. Silence. I thought that was a little strange, but come to find out, I was supposed to be home babysitting! I had put it on my calendar for Saturday, but they needed us on Friday. So I called Paul and he rushed home with the other kids (they were playing at McDonalds) and then after the show they all picked us up. That was one crowded van!
It was a sleepover, and all the kids had a alot of fun. After they left I was inspired to clean and wash everything. I'm still not caught up on washing blankets, but everything else got scrubbed good. It feels good too.
VBS at a Nazarene church started Sunday night and goes through Thursday. It is probably the most liberal church they have been to. Last night when I picked them up, they were all 'rapping'. Yes, 'rapping'. And Max was really getting into it. My Dad would have burst in a cloud of smoke right then and there. It did make me cringe. But the kids are enjoying it. Well, Alexandra is not, but she is going to go anyway.
Yesterday, she was allowed to skip it because of the pre-scheduled outing with Aurora at the Adventure Dome. That was her chosen award for doing eight good weeks of chore charts. Alexandra cannot make a decision for her life, and she does not enjoy spontinaety. Aurora wanted to go to whatever ride they came across on the way to where Alexandra planned to go, so there was some conflict and strife between them, but all in all, they had fun.
I was enjoying cleaning and working around the house. I was planning to dig into our learning curriculum that night when everyone but Natty was gone. But Paul decided the girls didn't have enough time to play, so I had to drop them back off at the Adventure Dome after dropping the other kids at VBS. Then back home, then back to pick up kids at VBS, then back to pick up Paul and the girls, then over to take Aurora home, then home. There was no evening left with which to do any work.
The kids all fell asleep on the way home, and Paul talked me into just putting them to bed, but it sure grosses me out. They REALLY NEEDED A BATH.
I have also discovered that Natty is suffering from a candida/yeast build up. It explains her recurring grouchiness and colds, and her sleeplessness. I bought some probiotics at the health food store, and she is off juices and sugar. We are all going to cut back sugar. I'm looking forward to my little Natty feeling happy again!
No comments:
Post a Comment