8/17/08

August 16, 2008


The end of a nice week. The kids had a good time at VBS, and my collection of popsicle stick art has grown. My house is clean, my laundry is only a couple of loads behind, and my pantry and fridge are full of healthy foods.


My attempt at making an Indian dish in the crockpot from a new recipe was actually successful. It was about the first time I've tried making Indian food and we liked it. And the new Chex mix crockpot recipe was a hit.


We are one more week closer to the end of summer. Summer. Blah. My least favorite season. I went to Walmart this morning, thinking it would be cooler around 9am, but it was so humid. Hot. Did I mention I detest summer?


Paul & I watched "The Golden Compass" after the kids went to bed. I picked it out of curiosity. We wanted to see what it was about. It certainly held our interest, but I didn't like the feel of the whole thing. I read somewhere that the first one is ok, but the next ones are really anti-Christian, and I can easily see that. The most disturbing part to me was how important each person's "demon" was to them. That's just down right creepy. Paul predicts the "demons" will turn out to be some sort of dependence upon religion, or God, or right, or something like that, since the point is to separate the people and the demons. His predictions are usually correct.


My sleepy time clock is off again. I'm wide awake here at 2am, and dead tired at noon. One of my goals for next week is to correct that. Getting back to regular, daily morning walks should help.


God is so good. I have the most wonderful, adorable, precious, and awesome children on the planet. I enjoy them so much. I am so very thankful for my homemaker/home educator status!


No comments: