8/3/08

August 2, 2008


It is Saturday night. The kiddos are safely tucked into bed, sleeping soundly. Paul and I just finished watching the new "Wargames". It was ok.


Paul had left to go see a movie. I put the kids to bed, took a shower, and he walked back in the door. He decided for the price of a movie ticket, he could rent a couple of movies we could both watch along with a bag of Raisinettes to share. Now I consider that to be a romantic notion! So sweet!


Alexandra is busy writing stories everyday. For an eight year old, I think she's pretty good! We have started writing together. I write and send to her, she adds and sends back to me.


We went to see Danny Ganns together last night, and aside from her squigglyness during the show, we had a great time together.


Maximillian is obsessed with costumes. He changes from Spiderman, to Superman, to Ironman, to Batman, to robot boy, and to many other made-up superheros. He spends a lot of time on his costumes and changes them every little bit. He's amazing! That is his sole interest right now.


Anastasia's hair has grown so much it's in her face all the time now. I need to figure out what to do about it. She is so cute! She is still totally animated about life, and she has two modes: completely happy and hunky-dory, or completely sad with buckets of tears. She is a true joy to have around. She gets very excited at the thought of going somewhere, especially if it's just her and me or her and Paul. She takes great pleasure in announcing that SHE is going somewhere with mommy or daddy. Funny.


Natalie is so cute. She is built much more stockier than Anastasia, and she's so cuddly and lovable. She tries to talk, and can say several words, but she is much more like Max and will speak well at a later age. Alexandra could correctly sing the ABC's at 18 months. But Natty understands just about anything you say. She is smart. She has taken a real interest in coloring. Her hair is growing too, and I've been giving her a pony tail or pigtails. So cute!


Paul keeps talking about starting his insurance thing. LOL I wonder if he will? His Four Seasons seminars are all ready to go, all we need is money to advertise and fill the seats. He built a pretty cool toy storage shelf unit. It has helped keep the toys up and out of the way. I'm glad he built it. It seems we have lots of stuff, but considering there are six of us, and in a small home, I think we do very well.


And then there's me. Not much going on with me, except for the constant, never-ending desire to loose weight. Somehow my LACK of willpower is stronger than my desire to be fit. But I will never stop trying.


I am excited and apprehensive about our new direction for homeschooling. Unschooling. Unschooling with more structure and accountability than traditional unschooling. It will be fun. We have sorta already started with Alexandra's creation of a Candyland map, map legend, and plans of writing descriptive paragraphs. There are so many options. It will be so much fun to let my creative juices flow, once I get into a rhythm.


My tomato plants have had it. Some are dead, and the others are well on their way. It is sad. I really wanted a home grown tomato. That was a wasted twelve dollars!


I have had a headache every day for weeks. I really have to change my eating habits, be consistent with my supplements and get my life in order! So there!

No comments: