
Our goal was to pull out of Beaverton at 4pm on Wednesday. At 9:15pm, we finally finished loading the Uhaul. We drove for five hours and spent the night at a Super 8 motel in Ashland, Oregon. Paul drove the Uhaul with Alexandra, and I drove the minivan with the rest of the kiddos. They watched dvd's in the van. Natalie slept and was wonderful.
The motel rooms have shrunk since I had kids! Six of us in a Super 8 room left little moving around space. But it was clean and decent.
We pulled out of Ashland at 10am the next day (Thursday). The first three hours were plagued with carsickness for Max & Alexandra. We changed their clothes several times, and finally found a pharmacy where we purchased trash bags, paper towels, and motion sickness childrens medicine, but worked well. Not half way into the trip and I already had two dirty loads of laundry!
Anastasia is afraid of public toilets, so that added to my laundry pile too.
We stopped a couple of times for gas, but spent a good 14 hours on the road. We ate McDonalds, and a ton of snacks I had packed for the trip. The kids watched lots of videos, and Natalie slept alot, thanks to half a dose of Triametic cough syrup. She did have a little cough.
We stayed at Buffalo Bills in Primm, Nevada, on the California border. The hotel was impressive on the outside with a HUGE roller coaster twisting and turning all around the building. The inside was wonderful for $27 a night! The bathrooms were nice, with granite and a nice big refreshing shower.
We left the next morning around 9:30am, and drove straight to our new townhouse and met the landlords. We were so relieved and happy to find it was not in a bad area, and was big enough for us, and the little enclosed yard and garage was a wonderful blessing! I went off in the van to find a Washington Mutual bank to get the deposit money. It was not where they told me it would be, but I asked an older man on the street and he was able to point me in the right direction. We unloaded the Uhaul into the garage and took it back. Our first meal was from In & Out burger. I've heard so much about their burgers, now I know what the fuss is about. They are alot like Rally's burgers in Michigan. Not bad.
The motel rooms have shrunk since I had kids! Six of us in a Super 8 room left little moving around space. But it was clean and decent.
We pulled out of Ashland at 10am the next day (Thursday). The first three hours were plagued with carsickness for Max & Alexandra. We changed their clothes several times, and finally found a pharmacy where we purchased trash bags, paper towels, and motion sickness childrens medicine, but worked well. Not half way into the trip and I already had two dirty loads of laundry!
Anastasia is afraid of public toilets, so that added to my laundry pile too.
We stopped a couple of times for gas, but spent a good 14 hours on the road. We ate McDonalds, and a ton of snacks I had packed for the trip. The kids watched lots of videos, and Natalie slept alot, thanks to half a dose of Triametic cough syrup. She did have a little cough.
We stayed at Buffalo Bills in Primm, Nevada, on the California border. The hotel was impressive on the outside with a HUGE roller coaster twisting and turning all around the building. The inside was wonderful for $27 a night! The bathrooms were nice, with granite and a nice big refreshing shower.
We left the next morning around 9:30am, and drove straight to our new townhouse and met the landlords. We were so relieved and happy to find it was not in a bad area, and was big enough for us, and the little enclosed yard and garage was a wonderful blessing! I went off in the van to find a Washington Mutual bank to get the deposit money. It was not where they told me it would be, but I asked an older man on the street and he was able to point me in the right direction. We unloaded the Uhaul into the garage and took it back. Our first meal was from In & Out burger. I've heard so much about their burgers, now I know what the fuss is about. They are alot like Rally's burgers in Michigan. Not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment