6/27/09

June Fun

(With regards to the last post, I decided to wait until after baby arrives before I change anything with my blog, since focusing on much of anything right now is a challenge!)


Four days "overdue" as I type. I'm really not a fan of this any day now stuff. I'm so ready to meet this baby and get on with life! The two little girls love to go up and hug and kiss my belly, saying they are hugging and kissing the new baby.

Twice this week, as I was out running errands, I parked, attempted to get out, found there was not enough room between me and the next vehicle to squeeze out of the van, so I had to re-park. If I have to scoot the van seat back any further to keep my belly from rubbing the steering wheel, my feet won't be able to reach the peddles. And Anastasia said today, "Boy, mommy, your tummy is FAT!"
We visited the Portland International Rose Test Gardens, which we just call the "Rose Gardens". It is one of my very favorite places on earth! Someday I can imagine getting a babysitter, taking a cup of tea and a Jane Austin novel, and just sitting there for a few hours. It's so beautiful!
Here Natalie is counting, as the kids play hide and seek there.

A game of hide and seek. Alexandra and Natalie run different directions to hide.


I told them to pose for a picture, and they automatically hold hands and hug. I love my children!



Beautiful roses!


Alexandra experimented with her hair. I call this the Princess Leia.


Playing ball with Daddy in the park.

And today, we rode with Paul to Fry's Electronics to replace the sound card on his computer. The kids grumbled a bit, not wanting to go for a ride anywhere, but when we got there, we found they were giving away free popcorn, free balloons, and FREE PONY RIDES! How awesome for a tight budget! Natalie was content just to watch.




Alexandra, Max and Anastasia completed their first Vacation Bible School of the summer this week. It was at Westgate Baptist, and they had a really good time. I was very happy with what they were taught, what they learned, and pretty much everything about the week. Here they are at the last day, showing off the ribbon awards they earned.
On the last evening, there was a ceremony and service where each class performed songs and examples of what they had learned during the week. Max's class was first. Out of the 20 or 30 kids on stage, it was a bummer that he ended up being on the end, and was expected to walk down off the stage, leading everyone. Leading is not his thing! He had no clue what to do, and kids were piling up behind him. Even when they called his name for an award, they thought he wasn't there because he just stood there, oblivious to the fact he was supposed to go up, get the ribbon and shake the pastor's hand. He was so funny, poor kid!
Contrast that to Anastasia. She was back several kids in line while her class walked up to the stage, but she had no concept of walking single file. She scooted on up to the front of the line and led her whole preschool class up to the stage. She ended up being in the back row, behind other kids. She decided half way through that she didn't want to be there, so she carefully elbowed her way down and wedged herself between two kids in the front row. She sang louder than anyone else on stage, and she did all the motions to the songs more enthusiastically than anyone else. She needs new glasses - hers are too loose and fall down a bit on her nose, so the whole time she had her head tilted back, looking through her glasses on the end of her nose like a little old lady. She was so funny!
Alexandra did great. They emphasized smiling and a pleasant outward appearance, and my goodness, she did very well! She can be so serious and solemn looking, even when she's happy, so it was nice to see her participating so well, and smiling so beautifully.
I took pics of them onstage, but I was too far back and zooming in made them blurry.
The weather has been incredibly wonderful! So nice and cool. I love it! I hope it lasts, and I miss nothing about hot and humid Missouri right now. I feel very sorry for my sweaty, toasty relatives and friends there.

1 comment:

Charisse said...

What beautiful pictures! I read your update a few days ago but didn't have time to comment right there and then. I hope bubba comes soon. I can imagine you are totally ready to have baby out!!
Love Charisse