4/21/09

Woodburn Tulip Festival

We had a fantastic day at the Woodburn Tulip Festival in Woodburn, Oregon, about a 40 minute drive south of Portland. I could just walk and galk for hours at the beauty of all those tulips. So many colors, so many varieties. God's coloring book!

They had a play area for kids. Paul took Natalie up to slide on the big, bumpy slide. She did not like it. And there were around a dozen kids behind him on the teeny ladder, so he had to slide down too. he, he!





Would it be too much too ask that her hair stay neat at least until after I take pictures?



Anastasia kept digging into each tulip, fascinated at the 'insides'. We should do a unit study on flowers. Note to self.

These were my favorite tulip variety. I think they were called "Tropical Parrot", if I remember correctly. So pretty!




Natalie liked to smell the tulips.


Anastasia on the bumpy slide.


Max on the bumpy slide.



Alexandra in yellow, amongst the yellow tulips.




Alexandra on a tire swing. Mt. Hood in the background.



Natalie, Paul and Maximillian.

Paul took them to ride the wooden shoe train. Since I have no interest in starting my labor yet, I said 'no thank you' to the bumpy ride.




Wouldn't it be great if I knew how to photoshop the tractors and port-a-potties out of the pic? Oh well. Just pretend they are not there. :)

Notice Max using his big sister for shade. He is not fond of direct sunlight.

It was a wonderful day. I look forward to when the roses bloom in Portland's rose gardens! I adore flowers. You can't help but be happy around such beauty. I'm so glad God created them. I bet the Garden of Eden was stunning.

1 comment:

Charisse said...

beautiful tulips!
Love Charisse