12/6/08

Our Gingerbread House

We decorated our gingerbread house today. We used the same kit as last year. I remembered after the fact that last year we bought a lot of extra frosting and candy, and it looked much nicer last year. But the kids had a lot of fun, which is the point anyway.







I hope our evening is free of tummy aches. A LOT OF CANDY was consumed by my little boo boogers! Natalie was completely uninterested in decorating the gingerbread house. She apparently thought the point of this activity was to sneak as many pieces of candy as possible. It was a challenge to save enough for the house. Next year, if I can afford it, I'd like to get at least Alexandra, maybe Max, their own little kit to do. Alexandra become very frustrated because she couldn't get things to go as she wanted them to. There were eight hands helping, and it was frustrating to her to the point she became scroogy. But that is SO like her anyway.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks very cute! I always feel a little bad for Kayleigh when the little ones seem to take over a project. Oh well, can't be helped!

Charisse said...

Great houses! Well done! They are heaps cute!
Love Charisse

Charisse said...

Great houses! Well done! They are heaps cute!
Love Charisse