12/10/08

More Holiday Fun

Today we made a holiday treat, and it has something to do with Christmas....something in the stable. Can you guess? No! No! No! Not cow patties! They are supposed to be mangers. And the marshmallows are Baby Jesus. Use your imagination, people! They could have had pastel colored swaddling clothes available in Bethlehem. You never know.


Alexandra entertained herself one afternoon by making a nativity scene using construction paper, crayons, scissors and tape. I thought she did an awesome job! She asked me to post a picture on my blog "so Grandma and Aunt Lydia can see it". Then she asked me when could she have her own blog. She will be nine next month. Geesh, I feel old.
And then there's our dear sweet Natalie. She decided to entertain herself by finding the markers, coloring her skin, and then biting off the tips of the markers. Those little colorful bits in the floor are marker tips. And yes, I know. We need to focus on keeping her clothes on. Easier said than done. Of the four, she enjoys being 'unfettered' the most. One battle at a time. The battle we are fighting at the moment is her biting. She really bit poor Anastasia's ear so badly tonight, it brought blood and there will be teeth marks for a very long time. I applied my board of knowledge to her seat of learning. She needs to learn how to deal with her frustrations in ways other than biting. I'm sure Anastasia deserved it, but oh, how it must have hurt. So conquering biting is the battle fought for now.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Alexandra did an excellent job on the manger scene! Gabe never, ever has clothes on unless we are out somewhere. Within exactly 30 seconds of walking in the door he has stripped down to his undies. I just let him be, some day he will want to wear clothes. At least for now they aren't "stripping" in public, lol!

Charisse said...

The manger scene is GREAT! Ha! I also love the mangers with the baby Jesus! Yeah I can see how that is the manger and baby Jesus! I am using my imagination! What fun!
Ha! Looks like fun and adventure in your house!
Love Charisse

Gwendolyn said...

Oh, the biting phase! I am very glad to be past that! I do not have fond memories. I love the manger scene that your daughter made, though. She is very artistic!