Here is Alexandra singing at a nursing home:
Anastasia and Natalie

Here is our sweet Natalie. This was the best take of four tries. Her heart was not in posing for the camera.
This is our sweet Anastasia, and it is so typical of her. She can't stand still, and she gets distracted, forgetting where in the song she is.
Our sweet and awesome Maximillian. He made up new words to "Deck the Halls" and wanted Grandma to hear it.
Our sweet Alexandra. My lighting was not good, but I had already spent so much time getting them to cooperate, re-taking these videos was not even optional!
My heart is full and my cup overflowing. We are surrounded by blessings. A warm festive home, a roomy well-running vehicle, a full pantry and fridge, a tree rising up from a mountain of gifts, and happy, healthy children, just to name a few blessings. It's a far cry from the first Christmas.
Since we are back in the searching mode for a church, I picked a large church to attend Christmas Eve services tonight, primarily because they were advertising a "vintage" Christmas. Silly ole me thought that by "vintage", there would be traditional hymns and old fashioned values. Maybe if we were lucky, we'd even see some Norman Rockwell-like costumes. Things that my mind conjures up when I think "vintage Christmas". Instead, we sat in the huge auditorium along with several thousand other people, and watched a rock and roll concert. Seriously. A rock band started the service with several butchered carols and songs, the first of which being "Rock Around the Christmas Tree".
Not that I have anything against that song in particular. I even sing along when I hear it on the radio, but there's just something NOT right about seeing it performed on a church stage where freaky looking hoodlums are dancing around and the music, I mean "noise", is so loud the seats shake.
And the senior pastor forgot to shave, forgot to tuck in his shirt tails, and forgot to change out of his faded old blue jeans. But maybe I should have more compassion. Perhaps he was out shoveling manure in the barn and time got away from him, and he simply didn't have time to change his clothes. Or shave. Or bathe. Poor guy. His congregation felt so sorry for him, they all wore similar sloppy clothes.
I think I was born a few decades too late. I have this crazy belief that people should have a bit of respect for the house of GOD. But then again, is it a house of God when they have an in-house rock band full of creepy dudes, and an on-location Starbucks in the foyer. Where I came from, food and beverages were not allowed in the auditorium. Now they sell Starbucks to help keep you awake during the sermon!!!!
It was a VERY disappointing Christmas Eve service! But life is still wonderful, thanks to our wonderful Lord and Saviour, who was born so long ago, and is the very reason we celebrate this most wonderful time of the year. Happy Birthday Jesus!
2 comments:
Hello my dear,
your daughter, Alexandra, has a lovely voice. She must sing in a choir? Does she? She has a beautiful, choir voice!
What a shame you felt disappointed with the Christmas Eve Service....you are used to a different type as you say. I don't know but it sounds like the music was heaps loud....I am used to music like "Hillsong"....do you know "Hillsong"...it is contemporary but a LOT of fun and I LOVE the worship songs that are produced. They make me feel in awe of Jesus. I think you would find our church very different as well. Ours does not have the usual "order" like the more traditional churchs...nothing wrong with traditional....Jesus loves us to worship in all sorts of ways :-)
We have 98% black Africans in our church......VERY different....they are more tribal than the African American so very different but Jesus blesses it anyway and I know He takes delight in the people of our church :-)
However, I know what you mean. Christmas Eve you imagine the traditional songs....which we did have.....as well as African style.....I imagine candles.....Christmasy and exciting, remembering Jesus Birth....which we certainly did....it is just that our church has such a different culture and style.
I enjoyed all the kids singing! Bless ya heaps and Merry Christmas!
Love Charisse
Alex has a beautiful clear voice! Kayleigh loves to sing also, I wish we could get them together. They were all so precious in their videos.
Post a Comment