We rarely eat fried chicken. No particular reason, it's just something we don't eat often. The other day I picked up some cold fried chicken at the grocery store deli because it was on sale at half price, and the kids really loved it.
So I bought a huge package of chicken legs and a box of Shake and Bake, thinking they would love it. Alexandra picked all the skin off of hers and barely nibbled the meat. Max ate every scrap of skin on his and none of the meat. Anastasia wouldn't touch hers and protested because the leg lay too close to her potatoes and peas. Natalie pulled the skin AND the meat off the bone, then bit the end of the bone off and tried to chew it up. Thankfully I happened to notice this and prevented a choking scene.
So much for Shake and Bake.
The crockpot scalloped potatoes were awesome though. I'm pretty much the only one who thinks so, but they were extremely good.
We went to a park for the afternoon with a couple of friends. A sweet little boy came up to Natalie and gave her an angelic smile. Anastasia walked over to Natalie, put her arm around her, and with the nastiest voice I've ever heard come out of any of my children, said, "You stay away from her! She is MY family and I won't let you come near her!! Go away!!" I was deeply embarrassed because, of course, the parents of the cherubic boy were standing there. I gave an instant mini sermon on treating strangers with kindness and love.
Then, I overheard Anastasia ask a different little boy about her size, "Do you want to be my friend?" He said yes. She said, "I'm sorry, but I can only be friends with girls. I just wanted to know if you wanted to be my friend."
So we had another mini sermon. I don't know what got into her today. That kid baffles me.
It was finally in the 60's today. So beautiful! It feels much better to wear a jacket in November than to run the A/C like we did a couple days ago. And if you look out our front window and ignore the cacti and rocks, you could almost imagine a bit of fall. There's a tree out there that is trying to turn yellow. The poor thing looks confused.
Bouts of morning sickness have started, but not too bad. I crave meat, bread and cheese. Fresh fruit and vegetables make me gag. What in the world is with that!!!
2 comments:
Your park day CRACKED me up. It sounds exactly like the things my children would say! I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better, but you made my night! :.)
Hehe....the leg of the chicken being too close to the potatoes and peas.....what will children think of next!!!??? Haha....Isaac does the exact thing...hehe
Now the day at the park! Wow! However, don't feel too bad because Isaac has done some stuff that I have felt very embarrassed about too and we have had a sit down chat! I do know that it is incredibly embarassing when they do things like that! I did have a giggle though...sorry.
Love you,
Charisse
Post a Comment