I have had such a grumpy couple of days. My children might even tell you I have been down right mean. I feel like my hormones are running amok. Everything and everyone annoys me. REALLY annoys me. This is why I could never be a Sarah Palin. On days like today, I'd nuke Iran just because I find the Arminnaninnadinnerjacket guy so annoying.
One good think about being grumpy is that people tend to leave you alone. So I got caught up on all the laundry. Ok, almost all the laundry. Because our rental has a dryer that has been around since the Eisenhower administration, you have to run it three times to get towels dry. So Paul strung me up a clothes line, and I've been hanging towels and blankets and sheets out in the Nevada sun to dry. Never thought I'd ever do that. But they dry in like one third the time. But they dry stiff. Yes, I bought liquid fabric softener, but they still dry stiff. I hate that. So I end up drying them 10 minutes afterwards to soften them up. I wish I knew how to keep them soft without the chemical softeners, but I abhor scratchy towels.
It also annoys me to hear all my friends talk about how nice the weather is. That it's definitely soup weather. That fall is really in the air. It's a good thing I'm so far away today, because I'd like to smack somebody. I was drenched in 100 degree sweat putting my towels on the clothes line. I do not feel the weather is nice. I do not crave soup. Summer is still very much here. I am NOT a summer person. It is just not right. Yes, I am still grouchy.
Tomorrow my wonderful mother is coming for a week's visit. I will feel better tomorrow. I will not be grouchy. My kids will not have to tiptoe around again. I am letting it all out tonight, and am determined to be pleasant tomorrow. I have to be super sweet and overly kind to Paul for at least three weeks to make up for being so annoyed today. And quite frankly, that annoys me.
I don't know why I'm grouchy. I really had quite a nice week. I was able to spend a few nights out with my visiting Oregon friends, and we had a great time walking the Strip. I love my children, but once in a blue moon, it's nice to have a grown-up night out. I did have fun.
Before I lay my grouchy self down to sleep, I am going to sit on the couch and tackle the pile of jammies, shirts, shorts, and one stuffed snake that needs a tear mended. I know that the time has come to do mending when no more items can be jammed into the mending basket. The time has come. It's annoying.
Then I will sleep peacefully and wake up happy.
Psalms 40:17
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.
2 comments:
We all have those days! Have a great time with your mom and tell her I said hello.
Hannah,
I am so sorry you have been feeling grouchy. I also want to say I understand. The last 2 weeks I have felt super grumpy. I know why but it has not helped me to stop feeling grumpy and the grumpy feeling was building up and up and everything that my husband did annoyed me! All the little things that usually I can turn a blind eye to really got to me. I tried to get a hold of myself but really struggled. Finally I feel a bit better but still feeling very sensitive! I know in the next few days I should settle down with my emotions :-)
I managed to keep happy at camp for the majority of it all. I think a different environment helped and it was refreshing to not be doing the usual routines. I hope you are feeling much better now.
Love Charisse
Post a Comment