8/19/08

Fun Tuesday

Today was meant for laundry catch-up, but that didn't work out. I was supposed to pick up free tickets to the Scarlett magic show for Eric & his family, but I was able to get extras, so everyone but me and the two little ones saw the magic show. (Third time for Paul, Alexandra and Max)

Natalie, Anastasia and I wandered around the Planet Hollywood mall for over an hour to kill time. I walked most of that time. Drifted through a couple of art galleries, and window shopped at the places I wouldn't dare take a double stroller and four little arms into. We had 15 minutes left to pass before picking the others up, so we stopped into a cheeseburger restaurant to have a snack and drink. Everything on the menu was ridiculously priced, and we ended up splitting a teeny tiny smoothie for seven dollars. Too much for too little.

Then we RACED over to the MGM to catch the last showing of the free M&M 3D movie, which we've seen so many times I've lost count, but it's always fun. We made it, but lost Max. I was scared a moment, but he was not too far behind. He was a little upset, but was ok. It was rather chaotic, and there's always a gazillion people around. Summer the slow Vegas season they say? I just can't believe it.

Then we walked to the MGM lions. Today there was a huge lion there with a giant, black mane. I've never seen a black main in real life.

Then I took the girls and Paul took Max to go see the Excalibur Tournament of Kings show, Max's reward for eight weeks of chore charting. The girls were exhausted, and Anastasia cried buckets all the way to van, which was more or less 10 miles away. I had not brought the stroller into the MGM, and dearly regretted it. Natty is so heavy! But we made it, and stopped for some LJS fish and chicken on the way home.

Then we had baths and I cuddled my wonderful girls on the couch while we watched, and some fell asleep, a library DVD of the Avonlea series. It was a great day. Sure beats laundry! I hope everyone can find clean underwear tomorrow. :)

No comments: