1/19/08

Terrific Three's


My Anastasia is going through a mischievious, ornery stage. She needs constant supervision lately. If I send her to the bathroom alone to wash her hands or brush her teeth, you can bet on floods, emptied toothpaste containers, and soiled towels. She seems to have a 'need' to experiment with messes. I need to let her play in the sink with various cups & utensils.

She is still totally sweet most of the time. She is by far the most affectionate of the four. Her binky is still her best friend. Her invisible friend "Gracie" is still very much a part of our daily lives. She loves Dora and Diego, followed by Barney. When I take her out and about, her little mouth runs constantly! She talks to anyone and everyone. She asks everyone their name. She is not at all shy. She's a real bundle of joy....she really is! Despite her ornery phase.

Maximillian still spends hours at the table, drawing and creating masterpieces. He found a board book at the library shaped like an Oreo cookie, and all about 10 little Oreos. He is now obsessed with Oreos. He is a very good boy.

Alexandra has another tooth loose. She is wearing her eye patch a couple of hours a day, a couple of days per week. She needs to do this everyday....we must make a habit. We are still working on her French WHINE. We do not understand how her naturally negative persona came about. But we plan to work on it. She is a very good girl....a tremendous help to me. She will be 8 soon....and amazingly responsible for her age.

Natalie has left the 'little baby' stage far behind. She can climb so well. I found her recently hung over the back of the couch, with a pencil in her mouth!!! Thank God for guardian angels! She is trying to talk, making many different babbling sounds. Her ability to understand just about anything I say totally amazes me. Today she slammed the toilet lid on her fingers. Ouch! She is teething and has a runny nose too. Slobber & boogers. Nice.

I find it sad that if we do not come back to Oregon, the two little ones will have no memories of living here, and the two older ones will not have many. Funny how that works. I hope we can get a home in Las Vegas instead of an apartment. They deserve to have room to play, and room to ride a bike. But it will all work out. God has always taken very good care of us.

We do what we have to now, so that we can do what we want to later.

No comments: