We are not much on turkey, so I cooked chicken thighs in my crockpot overnight, and just added them into the dressing. Mashed potatoes, gravy, candied yams and those yummy crescent rolls out of a can. And lots of (store made) pie. We didn't do any shopping until nearly 8pm last night, which was not a good plan. I finally found a couple of lonely yams. The marshmallow shelf was completely emptied except for one bag of colorful mini marshmallows. So our candied yams were very colorful! Max only liked the biscuits. I really should have made something else for him. Poor kid.
I didn't get cranberry sauce. Or relish. Or mush. Whatever you call it. We just don't eat it, so I didn't bother. Paul called me hick and weird. I was unaware that a Thanksgiving meal required a cranberry element to be complete. Oh well. I'm not too broke up about it.
I really wanted green bean casserole, but I'm the only one that will eat it. It just wasn't worth the trouble.
Yep, it's true. We need a bigger table.

Yep, it's true. Natalie is nearly naked. Some battles are just not worth the effort.
They are big buddies. I hope it lasts!

We went round and round, one at a time, all naming things we were thankful for. Anastasia is thankful for all the people in the world except the bad guys. Max is thankful for Grandma.
It was completely overcast and rainy. At one point, we had something akin to a monsoon. It poured really hard. The roof even leaked. It knocked a lot of yellow leaves off one tree out front, so it really looks and feels like fall today instead of summer. It's nice for a change.
I am so blessed. And happy. And thankful for my life.

2 comments:
awwww...I am glad that you are less nauseous now! Your table is definitely very full with all that food! Sorry I am late in saying, "Happy Thanksgiving!".
Bless you heaps!
Love Charisse
I had to laugh at the table picture! We had a table that only sat four people comfortably until about a year ago. Sitting eight at it was fun! LOL
Post a Comment