We were out for a late afternoon drive today in the gorgeous weather. On our way home, a mere three miles and practically on the same street as us, we found Wayne Newton's home! Wayne Newton! The Midnight Idol of Las Vegas! When mom was here we saw a show on TV that was showcasing his home, and that was it. It was big and sprawled out with lots of buildings. I saw horses, but could not locate the penguins or other exotic creatures, even though we drove by three times.
Why anyone including me should care we live close to Wayne Newton is a mystery to even me. There's something just a little exciting knowing you could bump into a celebrity around your neighborhood. But unless Mr. Newton shops at Food4Less or goes garage-saling, it's highly unlikely I'll ever bump into him!
So I guess this was a totally useless, unnecessary post. I can't even think of any Wayne Newton songs. I should just go to bed.
10/5/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I for one am very impressed that you live near Wayne Newton. I don't live near anyone famous except I think Evander Holyfield, and that does not impress me much because I wouldn't know him if I ran into him at the local Piggly Wiggly. Sad, really. But I would know Wayne Newton, so you have definitely got me beat. :o)
It's cool to tell people that, I don't know any Wayne Newton songs either!
Post a Comment